Non-workplace gas and electrical accidents may be reported here. If you wish notify a workplace accident that has resulted in serious harm to any person or significant property damage, then WorkSafe New Zealand should be contacted as soon as possible at 0800 030 040 or through our Notify WorkSafe web page.

If you are an energy worker and you believe you have identified an installation where there is an immediate, existing danger, (that is where the actual danger to life or property, if not averted, would result in harm to people or property in the immediate future) then you have a duty to report it here.

If you are a consumer, problems with electrical or gas products or services should first be resolved with the retailer or service provider using the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act. The Consumer Protection group of MBIE can provide advice on this. if there is a gas or electrical safety issue you can report it here.